Stand back.... you better just stand back now.
No, better yet, you'd better sit down for this.
When I started this entire life transformation I wore a very tight size 14. The 3 pairs of 16's I owned I hated myself for owning but they did fit me better than the 14's I desperately hung onto.
A month or so back I blogged about going out and getting a few new things for spring because those 14's were simply getting ridiculously big. Like so big I could fold over the waistband and still pull them off without unsnapping them too big.
I was so giddy to go out and buy 10's. GIDDY, I tell ya!
One pair of dressy capris I bought were full price. I have principles in life and not paying full price for clothes is high on my priority list. I hate paying full price. I mean, it WILL go on sale if I'm just patient enough. And remarkably, I usually am. But this pair of chocolate capris fit me like a tailor came in and made them just for me. I knew I'd feel great wearing them so paying full price was a small sacrifice for this awesome fitting pair of pants.
I haven't worn them since I bought them. I knew I would but I just haven't had the occasion yet. Well tonite I pulled them out as I have a funeral to attend on Monday. I was wishy washy as to whether capris would be appropriate but I thought if I put on the right dressy shoes, I could pull it off.
Imagine my shock when I pulled on those size 10's and they were without a doubt far too big.
What?!
They still had the tags on them. I still had the receipt. Easy fix. I'd just run up to Macy's and see if the 8's would still be skin tight or if they were worth exchanging. An 8 would be far too tight, right?
I finally found the rack and sadly no 8's were left. I asked, they weren't getting more in the saleswoman was quite sure. So I figured I'd just have to return them because I'm not keeping brand new pants with the tags attached if they're too big.
Walking to the cash register, I noticed a rack of bright, casual capris in the same brand as I was returning. Oh snap, they're cute! I took an 8 into the dressing room and there I discovered they were, get this, TOO BIG!
Envision me doing a celebratory dance in the dressing room that was a fine mix between Elaine from Seinfeld & Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, because that's for real what I was doing, and I didn't give a rats ass who saw or heard me.
Skipping out of Macy's today with 3 pairs of brightly colored (burnt orange, grass green & olive green) capris in a freakin' SIZE 6 just about made me orgasmic. I set out on this journey with the full hope of someday wearing a size 8 again, knowing that goal was a high one to reach.
A size 16 to a size 6. Me? Oh snap!
AND.... AND....
Today my BMI officially hit NORMAL.
From obese to overweight to normal. Oh snap!
Today is a good day. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
YOU GO GIRL!!!! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU! I knew you could do it and dang it, YOU DID! Rock on Momma. Rock on!
How totally awesome!! Great job!!!!
Oh sugar, you have no IDEA how VERY Proud of you I am!!!!!!! YOU ROCK and are such an awesome inspiration! HUGE KISSES!! The kind with lots of tongue. This kind of thing deserves it! ;)
What a great feeling! Congrats!
You.Go.Girl!! You rock!! I am so proud of you!!! I hope to someday share that dance with you. WTG!!!!!!!!!!! High Five!!!
it is an AWESOME day! I am so very very proud of you and I hope that you are enjoying every moment of your accomplishment!
I'm SO happy for you, Marissa!!
P.S. I love reading your blog...you have such a way with words and you always make me laugh ; ).
Post a Comment