Not too often do I go 3 days without updating my blog. Some of my other blogging friends should take note and update their blogs more often as well. ;)
Friday, the 4th of July: Was pleasantly surprised to hear Garth comment that taking care of the kids 24/7 is exhausting. I was ok with his discovery as I felt a bit validated for the times they get under my skin and annoy the crap out of me after a particularly unruly long day.
Late afternoon: W got stung by a bee right under his eye. Not fun. I'd probably have cried as hard as he did had it happened to me. Bees sure seem to love that kid.
Around 7pm we went to our townships festivities. There are (free!) games for the kids to play, bounce houses to bounce in, popsicles to eat, American flags to wave and stickers & tattoos galore. It's always a fun time for them. This year I stayed in my folding chair, reading a book, while Garth took them around to the fun. I just couldn't stand up for that long of a time. It was relaxing reading my book though, so I can hardly complain.
At nightfall we watched the fireworks. There were some huge, great ones. Another good 4th of July bites the dust.
Saturday & Sunday: Was pleasantly surprised to hear Garth comment that our laundry is never-ending & exhausting. I was ok with this discovery as I felt validated that my regular bemoaning of this task is actually not just in my head. It really is never-ending with just 1 washer & dryer. I can't wait to someday get the 2nd set. I don't know how even bigger families get by with just 1 set. I don't mind laundry, I just feel like it's never caught up, which sometimes feels very overwhelming.
In the early afternoon, I caved to the mini-pleading of my friend Tiffany and joined her on a 24-hour trip out of the house to go shopping at a very large outlet center about an hour from my house. I hadn't been there in many years and it has grown a lot since then. I had so much fun. Shopping, laughing, eating, shopping, shopping, shopping. We were really productive finding what she was looking for and that felt good. I didn't buy a ton but I did score some great deals. My favorites were the three 50% off bathing suits (different sizes) that I got for E, the "soft pants" deal I found for W (he will only wear "soft" pants, no jeans, no jean shorts...ahh, sensory issues, i love you) and the size SIX chocolate brown cargo capri pants for me at the Gap, 40% off.
Since there was basically no way in hell I could keep up with a shopping trip of this caliber without one, we rented a wheelchair. Tiffany is my hero for all of the pushing & maneuvering she did for me, even though she says (jokingly!) that I'm a hard ass handicapper to handle. "Wheeee, I'm flying!"
I will blog soon about the joys, and most certainly the downfalls, of riding in a wheelchair for 2 days of shopping. My eyes have been opened to many, many things and the experience was enlightening to say the least. We need to be better people toward those who are wheelchair bound, or unable to achieve routine-to-us tasks. Our world certainly does NOT cater to them and wow, for the most part, help them either. I left the experience feeling pretty overall sad... and determined to be a better steward toward those who may not ask for, but would appreciate, a helping hand once in awhile.
This morning: I had a dr's appointment where I had all of my remaining bandages & stitches removed. My dr. said I'm doing excellent and he's very pleased with my results so far. We talked at length about my upcoming surgery: to do it, to not do it, to possibly postpone it. I have a lot to think about but ultimately I won't be comfortable with any decision made unless its my decision.
On a similar surgical note, I sneezed yesterday for the first time since my surgery. Sweeeeet Mother, owww!!! Since then I've kept on sneezing, probably at least 10-12 times now. Owwww!! I hope the feeling passes... and soon!
A few minutes ago E approached me and proceeded to tell me that she's not a baby. She pointed herself in the chest and said, "I big girl" quite clearly. I asked, "You're a big girl? No more baby?" and she answered, "Yup I big girl, no baby". That's perhaps the first 6 word sentence to ever come out of her mouth. I told her that she is a big girl, my big girl and that I love her. She said, "Lub you too mama" and then scampered off to play. I love that girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
awww little baby E is growing much too fast!
One of the first thing I commented on to Carlos when I came home was "did you know that someone can be standing RIGHT NEXT to a door and will just stare at you while you struggle to get a wheelchair through?"
Post a Comment