Wednesday, July 2, 2008

blah.

I'm bored.

My sister always says that only boring people get bored.

I guess I'm officially boring.

I shuffle around the house, still hunched, not being able to do much other than shuffle.

I go from my bed to the recliner, to the bathroom, to the kitchen, back to the recliner or bed. Sometimes I walk outside to the mailbox or around back to check out my garden. Corn & sunflowers - rockin'. Carrots, watermelon - not so much. Tomatoes, peppers - good. J's little pea plant - awesome. Basil - why did I even plant that?

I can't do a whole lot with the kids and the fast, erratic movements of the littlest ones raises my anxiety when I'm up walking. The vision of falling and ripping stitches frightens me greatly.

I'm about 85% upright these days. Not as hunched over as I was but surely not standing upright yet. I'll never take standing upright for granted again. I don't know how people who are permanently hunched over, for whatever reason, do it. It's simply killing my lower back... which is all stitched together too. Double whammy.

I've read magazines. I've watched tv. I drink my water, take my pain pills, read the newspaper. But the one thing I try really hard not to do, and have been quite successful at it, is complain. Garth was mimicking me this morning, for humor, and he sucks. His hunched over, "ow ow ow", "could you bring me this... that...", shuffling ass wasn't all that funny. Ok, he was but it would have been a lot more funny had he been making fun of someone other than me.

Rachel is coming over to see me later today. I hope she doesn't mind just sitting around, that's about all I'm up for these days. I miss my friends. A night out drinking a little beer sounds heavenly. It's going to be awhile.

I want to go to Children's Place and use my $10 Perks coupon. I want to go out to eat. I want to get out of this freakin' house...but not shuffle around in public. I don't think I could do that.

My doctor said there is a true phenomenon of "plastic surgery depression". I thought he was joking. He said its a low point people get to when they are incapacitated with recovery, look & feel bloated & swollen and wonder why in the hell they did this to themselves. He said its more common to experience it than not. I'm not depressed. Just bored stiff.

I don't know what I want to do but I sure want to do something.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Aw lovie. Do you want me to come see you this weekend while I am on my shopping trip? I can, no big deal.

Oh, and the word I have to type in order to post is "quersilk"

Just needed one more E to be really funny

Marissa said...

I soooo wish I could GO on your shopping trip. I'd so hold you back with my shuffling ass.

queersilk. i love it.

it should be queerskirt though - that'd be even funnier. ;)

Tiffany said...

Come on my trip! Shuffle!
OK, that would probably wear you out. I'll push your ass in a wheelchair if you like ;)

Unknown said...

Aw. I wish I could be there to entertain you sugar. We'll come visit you before school starts and we'll have dinner and beers.

*giggle* queerskirt *giggle

Anonymous said...

You should go rockclimbing and hiking and stuff. :-D

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

((((Hugs))))) to the cutest hunchback since....um....I don't know any other hunchbacks.

(My word is pyxsyqn.....not so funny.....lol).

Danielle said...

Yucky, I can only imagine how you must feel. Boredom sucks. Do you crochet, knit or anything like that? Maybe you could start up a fun project like that to go to when reading and watching t.v. gets boring. Wish I could come and visit you. Hopefully you'll be walking upright soon and be able to get out and do something more fun. *Hugs & Smooches*

Jen said...

Lots of ((((HUGS))))!!