I was de-tubed this morning. YAY!!It was about the grossest 3 seconds of my life, having 12 inches of silicone tubing ripped from my body, feeling every single millimeter of it but oh, was it worth it. I feel soooo free!!
I figured they'd have to put a stitch in it to close the wound, or at least apply some steri-strips to it but no, just a gauze pad taped over the it. What?! I have an open, gaping hole in my abdomen?! Yup. It will heal from the inside out and scab over, creating little to no scar. Gross.
Next week the bandage tape comes off, any remaining stitches will be removed and then a few days later I go in for what sounds like a horrific ordeal. A subdermal silhouette massage done by some piece of machinery. The nurse said it'd hurt but be worth it for optimum, smooth skin results. Ow. She assured me I wouldn't be ripped in half like a broken popsicle stick, but that is what I fear.
I'm currently weaning off the pain meds and feeling pretty good. I still move slow, still feel really stiff in the mornings and getting out of bed on my own is not my idea of a good time yet. Garth still has to massage me with a pastry roller, hard, each day to keep fluid moving and regenerate nerve endings. It hurts, it sucks but I suppose it will all be worth it. I didn't come this far to puss out on anything, that's for sure. Someday soon I hope to be standing upright but I'm not there quite yet.
On a positive note, the boys had eye appointments this morning. J's still blind as a bat but he doesn't need new lenses. B & W still have fine eye sight. Great news, they haven't been afflicted with Garth or my bad eyes quite yet. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time though.
Happy 4th of July Eve! :)




2 comments:
nak-yay!!! gross !!! lol
dude you almost make me vomit the last few days with your post. i don't know if i can stomach anymore of this!! :<~ lol
However, super happy for you to have that out of you! I remember when I had my remove I was nervous as hell!! It was a great moment though to have that nasty thing removed from me though!!!
You are almost there!!!!!
Post a Comment