Garth initially hid the bathroom scale, for at least 1 month, per my dr's request. I had no idea where it was. I was ok with it.
Then Garth unearthed the hidden scale so B could weigh himself for his lacrosse camp forms.
And then, Garth didn't take the time to hide the scale again. He just put it up on the shelf in our closet.
Silly man.
I saw it there this morning, 2 weeks to the day after my surgery, and its pull overcame me.
Yes I had to use the step stool and reach higher over my head than I had thus far since surgery, but I just needed to see what it said.
Maybe my weight would be higher than what I went into surgery - I was told most likely it would be. I still have quite a bit of swelling, bruising and water retention.
Whatever the weight was, I just needed to know.
With shocked-as-hell eyes I looked down to a number I had not seen in at least 7+ years.
I am closer to my goal than I could have ever imagined.
I am 1.4 lbs from an overall 50 lb. weight loss.
I simply can't believe it.
Yay!!
Yes, a few lbs. of that was shed unconventionally, I have no problem admitting that. For anyone who casts a downward eye toward me regarding that, I have just 2 words.... Don't Hate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Woo Wee!!! Great for you-that's awesome!
I knew you could do it. Congrats!
LaFonda
Suh...weet! No hatin' here! Good for you!
Congrats!!!! Great job!!!
YEAY!!!!!!! Now NO MORE CHEATING! Put the scale away woman!
Post a Comment