I always wanted to be one of those moms that participates in every class party, every class field trip, every class everything... alas, it was truly not meant to be. Every time I've had a child in early elementary school, so far, I've also had a baby at home and geez, schools are now sticklers for not having siblings around, EVER. I try to be as involved as I can but paying a babysitter or having Garth take a half day off from work so I can attend every class party seems a little insane in my mind. I'd be there all the time if I could put E in the Ergo and go!
Yesterday I was able to attend a 1st grade class field trip to a local hospital with J - Garth stayed home with sickly E and actually took her into the ped. while we were on the trip. The trip turned out to be WAY more hands on and interesting than I had anticipated. In addition, J was SO happy when I announced that after the trip, I would eat lunch with him at school before returning home to relinquish Garth of his sick kid caretaker duties. I must say, school lunches have come a long way since I was in elementary school. I ate the same thing J did and you know what? It was really good!
Getting "registered" into the hospital, bracelet & all!
Learning about all of the different jobs at the hospital,
besides just the doctors & nurses:
besides just the doctors & nurses:
Everyone has to scrub in, get their masks,
hats & shoe booties on:
Trying out the hospital beds:
Everyone got to test out the crutches,
and they all loved every minute of it!
What kid doesn't want to try on a bright green cast?!
Testing out a lab tech's lead apron:
J was chosen to be the surgical patient:
Putting J under:
Checking out all of the tools a surgeon would use:
Working in the "lab" (he looks like a natural, doesn't he?!):
Giving his teacher a ride in a wheelchair:




2 comments:
Oh, those pictures are so cute! I gave you an award! See my blog for details.
Aww! That looks like so much fun!! He really is a natural!
Post a Comment