Monday, January 14, 2008

keep pushing forward!!

Keep pushing forward. Keep pushing forward. My mantra for 2008.

I'm so discouraged with my weight loss but will NOT give up. In fact, my challenge this week is to stop obsessing and just keep pushing forward. I vow not to step on my scale again until next Monday. No more multi-morning, every morning, weigh ins. :/

This Thursday I start Course II of my cake decorating classes. I took Course I with a friend because she was chicken shit to go to it alone. I knew I'd suck but thought it'd be fun to get out of the house with her once a week and try something new.

Who the hellda thunk I'd actually be kind of good at it?!?!?!
And like it too?!

I do need to remember to ask or look for new & exciting icing recipes. The basic Wilton icing recipe is good but you can only eat or make it so many times before you want to toss the bowl out the window. I need variety. I'm sure my family does too. I don't want all the cakes to taste the same. Surprisingly since I don't really crave sweets, I hardly ever even taste my creations. I'm totally ok with that!

Last week W had W day at school. Each child gets to pick a letter at the beginning of the school year and each week a new letter is showcased. On their designated day, they are supposed to bring in a bag of letter appropriate items plus a snack that incorporates that letter into it as well.

On W day last week, W brought in a 'wooden wicker basket' filled with water chestnuts, a wooden watermelon, Woody from Toy Story, Where the Wild Things Are book, 2 wheels, a water bottle, a watch, a wallet and 3 printable W sheets that Garth printed at work. His snack was Wheat Thin crackers, white grape juice and wait for it.... wait for it....

a 3-layer white wedding cake
with 2 Little People adorning the top of it.

The cake wasn't perfect by any stretch! I was going more on time than perfection with this one. Regardless, I rocked as Super Mom that day. toot. toot. ;)

No comments: