Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Post Secret.

(This is Thursday, Jan. 3rd's blog entry -- I wrote it last night and saved it but even publishing it today gives it yesterdays date).

I may have already blogged about this - I'm not sure. Either way, its worth mentioning -- or rementioning. :)

I'm a total Post Secret addict. Each Sunday new postcards are put up and I love sitting down on Sunday mornings with a cup of coffee and exploring the new ones.

I once submitted a secret and about died when I saw it posted. But there it was, for all to see, and I felt better for getting rid of it. I have 3 Post Secret books and I could never get enough. I imagine the story, pain, relief and joy behind each person's postcard submitted.

None of the following are mine but here are a few of my most favorite post secrets and each one means so much to me, in different ways. A lot of them have punched me in the gut with the realization that I could have written them. Others make me cry while others give me such hope. Some just make me say, "wow". Enjoy.


Angie & Jenny, this could be us.
Oh how I miss those days
and those problems.
I'm so happy to still have both of you in my life.


Truer words were never spoken than in the following 4 postcards:





just, "wow".



Sadly, I could have written the following 2 postcards far too often in my own life:



Dad, I did it!
I DID IT!!! I found one!
Thank you for setting the bar SO HIGH!!!



I think we all need this. I know I do.



Oh Grandma Fern, how I could have written this postcard.
Its been 10.5 years since you left us and
nothing in my life can make me tear up faster than missing you.
I named my daughter after you, that's how much you meant to me.
I'm so sorry for times I wanted to visit but my selfish life got in the way. I was so stupid to think you'd live forever.
I'd give all of my worldly possessions to have just 1 more day with you.
I have so much to tell you.
(Happy Birthday tomorrow, Grandma - you'd have been 81... I'd never forget)


One of my all-time favorite post secret postcards.
It give me chills each time I read it.
If true, I hope this person has finally found peace
within themselves & their new life
and so has the family they left behind.


My mantra for 2008.


Comment question of the day:
I know you're probably assuming I'm going to ask what your deepest secret is but, c'mon now, do you really think I'd expect to actually receive answers to a question like that? ;P~~~

I gave you one of my favorite websites, what's yours?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

theonion.com

funny funny stuff

Unknown said...

you know I'm addicted to postsecret like you. I can't get enough of that site. I've submitted postcards, but have yet to see them published. I guess my secrets aren't good enough.

btw, that 9/11 one gives me the chills too!!

Allison said...

I love postsecret too. I sit down every Sunday with my cup of coffee as well!

Hmm, my favorite websites. Well, all of the ones in my blogroll. I like incarcerateduterus.typepad.com I don't always agree with what she writes but it's very interesting. I'll have to get back to you on some others.

And yes, those monkey PJ's Maggie has on in the potty picture are Carter's. I think I got them at Kohl's.