Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The flu has value.

If it were still 2007, I could say that today was my lowest weight of the year. The flu definitely has its perks. Since its now 2008, let's hope todays weight is the highest it will be all year. Or ever.

Everyone seems to be on the mend. Whew! 3 of the 4 resorted to puking and now 2 of the 4 have croupy coughs. Is it pathetic that I can't wait for school to start back up?! Heck, *I* need the routine!!!

Yesterdays tv was pathetic. Weight loss commercials abound. TV show after tv show of Big Medicine, weight loss this, weight loss that, Biggest Loser, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem... geez, it was enough to break my freakin' resolve right then. It was ALL day!!! Give it a rest, whoever is in charge of tv programming -- we get your point already.

My MIL bought E about (no exaggeration) 20 new outfits for Christmas -- all size 24 months - 2T. It took me 3 loads to wash it all yesterday. What 19 month old child needs that many clothes in addition to her already exploding closet? Mine, I guess. Sad thing is nothing was ugly - it was ALL adorable. Oddly, MIL must have really liked two particular pairs of Carters pajamas -- she bought one pair THREE TIMES and another pair TWICE. How do you wrap gifts and not notice that you wrapped the exact same item for the exact same person THREE FREAKIN' TIMES?! Gotta love the woman, she tries hard, means well and by golly, I know she loves us. If buying us clothes is any indication of her level of love, she loves us all A LOT.

I need to organize the two middle boys' clothes. Out with the old, in with the new. W will pretty much only wear a select 25% of his wardrobe anyway -- ahhhh, I love sensory issues. I just adore them. J will wear whatever you toss at him. He's so tall & lanky though that sleeves are always too short, pants are either too big in the waist or floods at the ankle. He's a tough one to buy for; slim this, slim that and most stores don't carry slims anymore -- thank you, fat America!! And then the oldest - Mr. Short Legs, who is the scaled down little version of my own father. Most of his jeans look ridiculous how long they are -- thank goodness its somewhat in style. I see a tailor in his near future for most, if not all, of his future pants purchases.

I saw The Sound of Music over the weekend for the first time ever. Ashamed to admit but I had no idea what the movie was even about until I sat down and watched it (I've also never seen Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, Breakfast At Tiffany's.... dang, I kind of suck). Anyway, The Sound of Music was actually really good! Well, other than the singing. They could have wrapped up that 4 hour movie in about a good hour & a half if it weren't for all the commercials and damn singing. Confirmed my belief that musicals shouldn't have music. The singing is dumb...even if some of the songs they sang was pretty catchy and dang, I already knew a lot of them - I had no idea they came from The Sound of Music movie. ::blushes:: I kind of want the soundtrack now. I like music, don't get me wrong, I just don't want it in my movies or theatre productions.

I'm going to start something new -- comment questions. If you read, participate! If I don't know you, that's ok, introduce yourself and jump right in!

Comment question of the day:
If you could be a color, what color would you be and why?

I'd be green. It's my favorite. It means so many yummy things; new life, earth friendly, fresh veggies, trees, leaves and its the color of my oldest sons eyes. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is clear a color?

Marissa said...

as in CRYSTAL clear?

as in CRYSTAL, a name NO ONE should ever name their child?

as in, imagine with me, "CRYSTAAAAAAL don't make me swat yer ass" being yelled through your local Walmart?

No, crystal is not a color.
Neither is clear.

;)

Anonymous said...

I'd be red.

Passionate, vibrant, full of life!

Anonymous said...

PFFFTH. Fine. I'm feeling rather beige today, but burgandy/red/pink in all of the shades would be my fave.

oh, and guess what your new "bar name" is :p

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm not sure I like your new "thing". But just so you know I love you...

I'd be brown. It's the new black, yo. And it usually means "almost dead, but not quite there". That's how I feel lately. I'm sure you and your sick household can commiserate.

Allison said...

Pink, because I like it. And there are about a million shades of it.
And NEVER speak ill of "The Sound of Music"! NEVER! They did drag it out too long though.