Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Come on now, $50 for a bathroom rug is insane.

Why? Why does THE bathroom rug I want have to be $50? Knowing me, I'll end up buying it (sorry Garth) and then I'll get it home and hate it.

The last one found the garbage bin last week. It lived a good long, bacteria-laden, hair-collectin' life. It had officially seen the washer & bleach one too many times.

It was a good day today. I got up, showered, dressed, actually put on makeup, got E up, dressed and we were out the door by 10:30. We drove a half hour to the outlet mall that I love and shopped, shopped, shopped. I got B a gift for Christmas at KBToys for a rock bottom clearance price of .97 -- dude. .97 !!! Why can't I find my dang bathroom rug for NINETY SEVEN CENTS?! I looked around for more of these .97 'ers and as luck would have it, it was the only one left. It was like 95% off. How's that for outlet shopping? It had better work when I put batteries in it or knowing me, on principle alone, I'll spend $6 in gas to return a .97 toy.

At 1pm, I met my dad for a birthday lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Yummy yummy, in my tummy! We had awesome service -- the waiter wanted me. Ohhhh yeahhhhh, I still got it. He even sang in my ear when he brought my birthday sundae which I promply shared with my Dad & E. I've got a girlish figure to maintain, ya know!

Then I was off to exchange kids, lay the baby down, drop off my shopping bags and head back out to get my eyelashes done. I'm just a housewife but I'm vain enough to wear eyelash extentions. That should count toward something in my I've-Still-Got-It-&-I'm-Still-Hot-Even-Though-I'm-Hours-From-Being-In-My-Mid-30s.

After my eyelashes were done, I hit the Target in my old hood. It wasn't the same though. It's been all re-done and I knew where nothing was. Not half as exciting as I was anticipating but hey, it is where I found the $50 bathroom rug I want.

I think I'm cutting today's blog short. I want to get in my jammies, snuggle down in my bed and read before drifting off. When I awake, I'll be 34. Ack!!

I'm reading Pieces of My Sister's Life by Elizabeth Joy Arnold right now. One word: FRUSTRATING! The sister, Eve, is a total punt. I'm trying to cut down on my use of the word punt with a C so I'll just sub in punt from here on out.... you catch my drift though. Excellent read!!

Farewell my 33rd year..... its been a decent year. Not the best, not the worst, but all in all, you were good to me. :)

ONWARD AND UPWARD!!!!!!

No comments: