Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Vicious Cycle.

Its 10:45 am and I was supposed to be at a playdate over an hour ago. Since its a good friend of mine, she understands and is fine with why I haven't shown up yet.

My daughter is still asleep. I mean snoring still asleep. Like I said her name twice in the doorway and she kept snoring still asleep. It's 10:45 in the morning!!!

Her sleep is so off-kilter and it screws with my days. When she's asleep I go on the assumption that she needs it so I'm quiet around the house, tip-toe'ing around to let her do what her body obviously wants or needs to do.

Here comes the cycle. I'm quiet. There's only so much I can do in this house and remain quiet as a church mouse. I have no problem with laundry, its a pretty quiet task. I can pick up the living room to a certain extent. I can't rustle around dishes, can't vaccuum.... by the time she wakes up, its time to feed her, change her, play with her and then I've lost all motivation to clean, vaccuum... it really isn't a pretty cycle.

Shopping online is pretty quiet. Too bad my computer is 6 years old and dying a slow, agonizing and i-may-throw-it-out-the-window-VERY-soon death.

Today I'm up, showered, diaper bag packed, MY SHOES ARE EVEN ON (!!!). I'm ready to go out the door. Dina's got the coffee on and I'm ready to drink some.

First I gave E until 9am and then I was waking her.

snore. snore.

Then I gave E until 10am and then I was truly going to wake her.

snore snore.

call her name twice only to be met by more snores.

Ok, so now its 10 minutes to 11 and at 11, I AM waking her.

will I?

Some days I pray for her to sleep so I can have some time to myself. Today I want her to wake up. I want to go to Dina's. I want her to play with Sydney. I want to drink some of Dina's coffee, dang it. There's always something about Dina's coffee that is so stankin' good - perhaps its just that I didn't make it.

I even want to vaccuum the living room right now.

Ahhhhh the quandaries of my life. If this is as bad as its going to get today, I'LL TAKE IT!!!!

No comments: