I don't want to not post tomorrow and overlook Thanksgiving so I think I'll just do the topic today instead.
I'm a thankful girl. I have a lot to be thankful for. Should I list them? Nah, that'd be boring, we all are thankful for the same basics year after year (God, husband, kids, family, friends, health, etc). Not that I'm NOT thankful for those things but c'mon it goes without saying, doesn't it? Maybe thats what Thanksgiving is about - SAYING IT. Fine, I'll list them but here are a few of the off-the-beaten-path things I'm thankful for, without taking away from how thankful I am for "the basics" of what I mentioned above:
* I am thankful I have a husband who pushed me and never stopping pushing me back to a dr. to get the meds I needed for a condition I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It has made a world of difference in so many avenues of my life.
* I am thankful for not just the friends I have but what those people have done for me as a person. Not what they've given me as in material things or babysitting my kids or anything, but what they've GIVEN me. I'm a better person because of some of the good things friends have shown me and more importantly I'm a better person today because of some of the seriously shitty things friends have shown or done to me. Sadistic, but true, and I'm thankful for it.
* I am thankful I live in a country that gives me the freedom to be who I want, say what I want, feel what I want, wear what I want, eat what I want.... My current weight shows how thankful I am for that latter one.
* I am thankful for my house thats too big for me to clean in a single day. I spend so much time damning the damn thing and then it hits me how blessed I am and that I need to shut up and be more humbled by it. I love you big, messy house, every damned huge square inch.
* I am thankful that my parents instilled a conscience in me. I evaluate and re-evaluate every move I make and through this I get my own chance to stop, analyze and change direction when I notice I'm veering off course with something (money, my foul mouth, my attitude, alcohol, friendships, etc etc etc...). I should probably be thankful for that same instilled conscience that made my sister & I both perfectionists to a fault....eh, I'm not feeling so thankful over that one. It's actually hell a LOT of the time.
* I am thankful I have good hair. Genetics and the love of food may have given me this ass but dang it, I have good hair.
* I am thankful that when I look around I can see how far I've come. I never want to forget the struggle to get here. I never want to look down on someone who has less because 10 years ago, it was me. I am thankful for what I have, for what I've been through and for what its made me as a person. I sure like myself a lot more today than I did 10 years ago and I am very, very thankful for it.
* I am thankful for unconditional love. Without it, I'd be a very lonely person. I love to give it and am so thankful when I receive it. It is a gift.
* I am thankful for this blog. It has helped me so much this month and I'm sure will for months & years to come. Free therapy... and we all know I like FREE! ;)
Happy Thanksgiving!
If you leave a comment and its anonymous I'm not so thankful that I won't still threaten to kick your ass! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment