What do you say to a friend that couldn't come to your birthday girls night out because she couldn't get a sitter and another friend who was just blatently non-commital, that she'd check her calendar and get back to you but never did and then you turn around at the bar and in they walk together and give you a straight up "deer in the headlights" look when they see you?
When said friends then say -- still with the deer eyeballs -- that they came there to surprise you?
The kicker? I'd never told them where we were going.
I. DESPISE. being. lied. to.
What do you say to friends like these?!?!?!
What do you say to another friend who RSVP'ed she was coming but just 100% stood you up?
What about the handful of friends who just never responded to the invitation at all, not a word?
What I do say is THANK YOU so much to my girlfriends that came -- I had a blast, I felt the love and am so thrilled that you were able to come & celebrate the big 3-4 with me. I had SO much fun, drank FAR too much and wow, my elbow really hurts from falling off my bed last night. I've been told I was a titch out of control, LOL, but yeah well.... binge drinking at its finest. Ugh, I'm soooo paying for it today.
Off to ponder a few of my friendships... for real. And nap. Yes, I could really go for a nice long nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I'm anon- bwahaha!
Marissa love, you put the falling down back into drunk, and I love you for it.
nice rachel, ellisa or tiffany. real nice. :D
Not me!
But Tiffany is right. LOL
And I love you. I had a great time and it was well worth it. I'm in for next year! I'm the ONLY one who's been at all of the last 3 parties! *kisses* I guess that means you know who your REAL best friend is, huh?
you get a word. a big fat juicy word, E. thanks for being you - and thanks for loving me, ALL of me (my ass, my quirks, my faults, my all). We all roll mad deep yo! :D
Post a Comment