Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Blogging with a Purpose Award!

Be still my heart. I was granted a blogging award. I graciously accept my award with an impromptu speech and a blush across my face.


My friend Allison and I "met" years ago on a cloth diapering message board. I feel like I've "known" her forever though we've never actually "met IRL" (in real life). Allison was waiting to adopt in China and while waiting we oogled over all of the cloth diapers she would use and the clothes she was currently purchasing in anticipation of that adoption. We waited while the red tape was cleared and wow, there was a lot of it. We waited as the countdown clicked closer to her trip to China to meet her new daughter, to whom she would name Maggie. I read her updated blog daily as she was in China and laughed at her & her husbands funnies, cried with them during their struggles, and prayed that this daughter would soon be on American soil, with her very real parents. Maggie was meant to be Allison's daughter -- no hospital birth could bring that bond, no no. A trip around the world was what it took.

Yesterday Allison gave me the prestigious honor of the 'Blogging with a Purpose' award. Ok so maybe its not all that prestigious, but I was honored to have been thought of nonetheless. :)

You can visit Maggie's Red Thread (Allison's blog) at http://www.maggiemalady.blogspot.com/
or just click the last blog on my blog list on the right of my own blog. She's always there and I'm always waiting for her to update her own blog, which (ahem!) isn't often enough. We laugh together at how similar our daughters wardrobes are and while worlds apart their births may have been, their antics are usually quite similar. (bad, bad girls! LOL)

In honor of Allison's award, I present you with a few admissions.

Yes, I do indeed, have a hair bow fetish. Make no mistake about it, I have no problem admitting it and reveling in it. In fact, I want more. More! More! More!

Closet Door #1:

Closet Door #2:

Behind the bedroom door:


And just so I'll make Allison's husband feel a little better by showing that Allison is not alone in her clothing sickness, I present you E's closet. I've run out of hangers and resorted to a couple of laundry baskets at the bottom of her closet for the next size up of clothes (blushing):

Thank you for the award, Allison. I accept. ;)

And now, my request. Please lift Allison and her husband David up in prayer with me. They want a sibling for Maggie. It appears their net worth is less than that of what Chinese officials deem necessary to bring home 2 daughters, though I am in awe that this is even a remote possibility. I know this rejection is spirit crushing and while they have not given up, it looks like the road may be bumpier than they would have earlier anticipated. Please pray with me that God finds a way to bring another child into their awesome, loving and deserving family. Thanks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What nice things to say about my daughter! Thank you. But please, don't encourage naymore purchase of clothes. they want another baby!

Allison's Mom