I took B shopping with me this afternoon; he needed 2 pairs of dress slacks, a new shirt & tie, socks, a belt and new dress shoes. W got new slacks/shirt/tie, socks and a new pair of dress shoes. J got 2 pairs of slacks/shirt/tie, socks and a pair of dress shoes. Dang those growing kids. I tell ya, I told them to stop growing at this fast rate. No one listens, per usual.
I didn't have to buy anything new for myself as 2 pairs of black slacks I've had since before E's birth finally fit again. I got a new dress jacket for E's dedication last year that still fits and I'll wear a black cowl-neck sweater I recently purchased for the viewing.
My back hurts from all the ironing, I ironed A LOT of clothes! I figure all that I did today is the very least I could do for a woman who's been so generous to me since the day I met her.
Garth's grandma is unconscious, unresponsive and only expected to live another day or so. She's 98. I'm so glad we visited regularly and that the kids know their great-grandmother. I know the 3 oldest will remember her and that means so much to me.
Grandma Ellen really hasn't been with us for a few years now, dementia took a firm, relentless hold though it's still very hard to "officially" say goodbye. This isn't going to be a fun week.




1 comment:
Hugs to all of you. I'll say a prayer for your family.
Post a Comment