Ahhh, the joys of self restraint.
It's January. January means retail SALES! I buy my kids clothes, in bulk, in January and July, when retail sales are at their peak. If you weren't aware, that's when kids clothes are at their ultra-cheap of cheapest. I'm awesome at guessing next season's sizes and totally rock the casbah at bargain hunting. January is when I buy next years school/fall/winter clothes. screw that august rush at the mall, I'll have been done for 2 seasons by then, and spent a fraction of the money too.
Alas, this year will be different. I am determined to not overspend. Not overindulge. just. not. do. it.
Unfortunately, because of that new improved resolve, we will probably get screwed a titch come later this year. This time of year is also when I buy the kids next seasons winter coats. I'll save now but in the long run, I'll spend much more when I'm scrambling to find one next fall. [sigh]
It'll work out. it always does.
E already has her winter coat for next year. I got a coat off Ebay that I liked far less in person than I thought I would but only paid like $5 for it. It will serve as an awesome outside play coat. I also scored a red wool a-line coat for $12 in December and that will serve as her everyday coat. It's so beautiful it makes me want to cry..... but not cry as much as I might have with the original $50 price tag. So she's set.
Gymboree is having a mega sale right now. Oh how I could rack up my online cart with goodies.
No. I will not.
Children's Place is having a mega sale right now. Oh how I could rack up my online cart with goodies.
No. I will not.
And hey, Kohl's is having a sale too.
wait.
Kohl's is always having a sale.
The year of the budget.
The year I spend far less.
The year I take better care of me.
The year I try harder.
The year of the kept resolutions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I spent $70 at Gymboree on next year's fall clothes. Hey, I got a Gymbuck. They sucked me in. And yes, Kohl's is always having a sale.
Post a Comment