Tuesday, November 27, 2007

North Pole? South Pole? NO, PoLAND!

Must have been a glitch. A typo gone awry.

Someone from Poland just visited my blog.

I don't know anyone in Poland.

No, I take that back. I met a woman from Poland at MichFest 2004.

She didn't like me very much and couldn't understand why a straight woman would want to spend an entire week with a prodominantly lesbian population at MichFest.

http://www.michfest.com/ - if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

As the forever-curious woman (oh don't say you haven't thought about it, you liars!), but very much married to a man, it made total sense to me to be there, hanging out in the forest, camping, laughing, listening to rockin' music, drinking beer for a week with girlfriends, but no, not to her. My husband was totally down with me going but dang, it bugged this woman to no end I was there. By the way, I was not the only living-straight woman there. Not by a long shot.

For that matter, I couldn't understand why a woman would travel from Poland to Michigan for Michfest. I'd go again, for sure (with a different group of friends next time - I know I'd have a better time), but I don't think I'd be willing to travel from Poland to get here. It's a really fun women's music festival with lots of awesome things to do, see, buy, eat, try, learn, etc but c'mon, it's not that fun. That's a lot of jet lag.

Ask my friend Tiffany why I spent a week at MichFest. It makes total sense to her. And Ellisa and Rachel & .... they understand me since I dang well talk about it enough when drinking... and sometimes even when not drinking. ;)

And if anyone who reads this looks down on me for any of the typing above - eh, I'm just being myself and honest and well, I'll never apologize for that. :)



Someone from Poland just visited my blog. I have arrived, people.
I HAVE ARRIVED! ROFL!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd Michfest it up. Not from Poland...

Unknown said...

Ohhh...you're getting really popular! Lucky you!

And yes, I get it. I'll go with you if you want!